Important update (1st of March, 2018): A caution to anyone looking for discounts, there are a bunch of websites out there that are selling fake Vibram Furoshiki shoes (not genuine, counterfeit). BEWARE. There is a good chance you will not get what you are expecting. Checking the price is an obvious thing to do when it comes to spotting fake Vibram shoes. If a pair is cheap, you’re probably looking at rip-offs.
Over the years, we have learned exactly why it is important to stay healthy. Of course, this includes a healthy diet as well as plenty of exercise. However, there is a common misconception that this only matters when exercising. Instead, we can stay healthy through many factors including what we wear. For example, our shoes are vital to keeping our feet free from pain and injury which is why we are doing the Vibram Furoshiki review today.
Overview – Designed by Masaya Hashimoto, the Vibram Furoshiki shoes can be summed up in one word – unique. For many years, we have seen a standard with shoes and it often revolves around the aesthetics of the design. Nowadays, buyers tend to get distracted by the colors as opposed to choosing a shoe that is right for them. In addition to Vibram Fivefingers running shoes, Vibram has taken it “back to basics” and created a model that is perfect for comfort regardless of your plans each day.
What does this mean?
Above all else, it means that comfort is one of the key priorities and this model is clearly a winner in this department.
Using the traditional Japanese ‘wrap’ shoe design, you simply place your foot onto the sole to get started. Then, wrap the foot as tight as you require and you are ready to go.
With a sole of 5mm, it is the perfect balance between support and freedom for those who generally prefer to go about daily life with bare feet.
As soon as you apply the wrap around the top of your foot, you will hardly feel a thing but your feet will stay protected whilst moving.
Vibram Furoshiki Benefits
To give you a better insight into this piece of footwear, we have compiled a list of some of the greatest points of the product as well as the slight drawbacks.
- First and foremost, we have to talk about the fact that there is absolutely no restriction on movement or heavy cushioning. Because the shoe wraps around, it will mold to your foot shape and your foot will then move with the shoe. Often, those who prefer going barefoot are worried about going with a product of this type but the minimalist design means that you get the best of both worlds.
- Secondly, they are extremely lightweight and compact. With being lightweight, it means that you won’t feel them once they are on your feet. With some shoes, you are all too aware of when they are being worn. For the compact side of things, it means that they are easy to take with you wherever you go. If on a vacation, they can be stored easily and used for all occasions
- Thirdly, they are incredibly easy to maintain. If you get to the point where you feel as though they need washing, they can be washed in cold or tepid water and then hung to dry. As soon as they have dried thoroughly, you can put them on and continue. What other shoes can you do this with?
Vibram Furoshiki Drawbacks
So you have the benefits of the Vibram Wrap shoes, are there any negative points to mention?
- If you have never worn a minimalist shoe before, you may need to stagger your introduction into going barefoot because it can be quite a change.
- At first, try wearing these Vibrams for a couple of hours per day until you get used to the feel. Eventually, you won’t be able to tear your feet away from them.
- All things considered, these are a fantastic pair of minimalist shoes that will offer you something unique as long as you wear them frequently.
- Whether you choose to wear Vibram Wrap-Around Furoshiki around the house, on the beach, or just walking about town, these barefoot shoes are a superb option!